All the Passport/Police Clearance Certificate/Emergency Certificate/Surrender Certificate applicants are requested to apply passport services online through https://embassy.passportindia.gov.in. After applying online, applicants are required to visit the High Commission with the printed copy of the passport application, 3 photographs (2”X2”) with white background and other supporting/required documents. Passports are issued on expiry of final validity (can be done one year before expiry), on exhaustion of visa pages, damage or loss, change in appearance/particulars etc. Please note that the Passport printable address should be permanent address in India (with phone number) and other address should be current address in Bangladesh with phone number.
The application will be sent for printing at the Central Processing Center of Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi as the High Commission does not have facility for printing Machine Readable Passports (MRPs). All applicants are advised to submit their applications at least one month in advance of travel in order to avoid inconvenience. However, in case of Emergency, the High Commission may issue Emergency Certificate with a maximum validity of 3 months in genuine case. List of required documents is mentioned below.
1. Re-issue of Passport: Employment visa with copy of work permit OR NVR OR Student visa along with bonafide letter from concerned educational institute.
2. Re-issue of passport for under 15 years of age: Passports copies of both parents, Work Permit of parents and Affidavit (Annexure C, D & I whichever is applicable).
3. To add spouse’s name: Copy of spouse passport, work permit copy and copy of marriage certificate issued and duly attested by the competent authorities.
4. Change of address: Copy of Aadhar Card/utility bill/telephone bill/voter Identity card/driving license.
5. Duplicate Passport: Copy of Police Report and Annexure F in case of loss passport. For damage passport also, Annexure F is required.
6. Passport for new born baby: Birth Certificate issued by hospital/clinic, should be attested by Ministry of Health and Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Bangladesh Government. Copy of the both parent’s passport and Affidavit (Annexure C,D & I whichever is applicable).
7. Emergency Certificate: Copy of Police Report in case loss of passport and Annexure F. In case, passport is expired or damaged and cannot be renewed for some reasons, written application explaining the reasons is required.
8. Police Clearance Certificate: For Indian Nationals, employment visa, work permit and copy of passport are required. Police Clearance Certificate will be issued only after obtaining Police Verification Report from the concerned authorities in India. For Bangladeshi Nationals, a separate form is attached as Annexure X.
NB: Please note that services mentioned at Sl. No. 1-5 are applicable for employment visa holders, their dependents, NVR holding and student visa holders.
In case of any query, please contact Consular Wing,High Commission of India, Dhaka at 02-55067363.